Sunday 3 December 2017

Review: Jordan Samuel Skin Hydrate Facial Serum


What is it?
A hyaluronic acid serum in an aloe base with added vitamin C!

What the brand says...
Just as water keeps dancers muscles in perfect working order, Hydrate serum will bathe your thirsty cells in humectants and soothing botanicals to keep your skin working in the same way!
Hyaluronic acid, stabilized Vitamin C, and hexapeptides combine with cucumber, tamarind, and passion flower extracts to give you healthy, dewy skin all day long. 
AM/PM: Apply 3-5 drops to freshly cleansed skin to hydrate thirsty cells. Also suitable for the delicate eye area. Dab a small amount around eyes to hydrate and refresh.
Ingredients
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice *Organic, Vegetable Glycerin *Organic, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Xanthan gum, Gluconolactone, Tamarindus Indica (Tamarind) Fruit Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Passiflora Incarnata (Passion flower) Extract, Acetyl Hexapeptide-51 Amide, Sodium Benzoate, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract *Organic

How I use it
I use Hydrate twice a day, in both the morning and the evening. I layer it over a dedicated vitamin C or brightening serum in the morning, and apply it after or mix it with a retinol serum in the evening. Since my skin tends towards the dry and dehydrated side I use more than the recommended 3-5 drops (about 6 or 7 probably!), and this does a fantastic job at keeping my skin happy and hydrated. The addition of vitamin C also gives it an extra brightening boost and I always take it around my eyes too (this is probably why I forget to use dedicated eye products!).

My thoughts
I love this serum. As in it's in my top 3 skincare products of all time! I've been using Hydrate consistently since April and I could not be without it now. Since moving to Spain I upped my usage to twice a day to cope with the heat and constant air conditioning, and Hydrate has risen to the challenge admirably! My skin is never dry or flaky now, despite using nightly retinol, and I credit this entirely to Hydrate. 
Even if your skin is on the normal or dehydrated side, I would suggest that you try this - everyone can have more hydrated skin, and it also helps to 'plump' out any fine lines if that's a concern. If you've not tried it then I suggest you seriously consider it, and if you are a Hydrate user then I can safely assume that you love it too!
I met Jordan himself in London in April too, and he really is the most lovely person! Supporting small independent brands is so important, and he more than deserves his success. Special mention goes to his Youtube channel - Jordan's videos are so informative and fun!

Price and where to find it
You can only buy Jordan Samuel Skin products directly from jordansamuelskin.com. Jordan is direct to consumer only, which keeps his prices extremely affordable. 
Hydrate Facial Serum is $29 for 30ml or $72 for 120ml.

Have you tried Hydrate? Please let me know your thoughts!

Gracie xxx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this, I would love to try this product and will be putting it on my wishlist for 2018!

Unknown said...

Really want to try the hydrate serum! Have you seen that JSS is releasing a Hydrate mist soon? He mentioned it in today's YouTube video!

My Skincare Favourites from 2018

Happy New Year! One of my goals for 2019 is to try and post more on here - I love the creative outlet that writing gives me, and di...